Wednesday 9 January 2013

Sleek Au Naturel Eyeshadow Palette: Review

Sleek Au Naturel Eyeshadow Palette

I've never had the best luck when it comes to eyeshadows. After endlessly trying to perfect the smokey eye look that you see on YouTube, I gave up for a few months. 
Today, I was in my local Superdrug with my sister looking for an eyebrow pencil when I saw that Sleek did a palette that not only I could use for a smokey eye, but for a [as the packaging says] natural eye. Priced at £7.99 in store (which for a 12 shade eyeshadow palette isn't at all a bad price), I immediately took it to the till and paid for it. The 'Au Naturel', I believe, is perfect for all skin tones and is extremely high quality for the cheap price.



Credit to: Sara Hassan for the swatches

Unlike many other eyeshadow palettes I have tried, Sleek's darker shades are extremely pigmented. The darker tones really do give off a warm and rich feel. However, the lighter shades on the top line of the palette are extremely unpigmented. When attempting to swatch the colours, I just couldn't get the top line to show up on my camera. Taupe' and 'Toast' however, are perfect for those days where you want to go for the natural look. The eyeshadows fall nicely and have minimal fall outs which is a HUGE bonus in my books as I apply all my other makeup before I start on my eyes!  

I still have yet to try it out but with the help of my favourite YouTuber; Tanya Burr, I have no doubt in my mind that I'll be able to perfect my smokey eye.

You might like it if:
- You want to create a smokey eye.
- You prefer natural day time looks.
- You prefer 'barely there' eyeshadows.
- You like the price. 


Much love
- xo Dani.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read my blog! I love reading your comments! :) - xo Dani.