Wednesday 31 December 2014

FAREWELL 2014

I can't believe another year has gone by. 2014 for me had its best and worst memories of my life. Let's just say it's a year that I won't forget. 

I've experienced so many new things this year, some that I'll remember for the rest of my life and some I see as life lessons. 

- New relationships. Nothing else can be said here really. Only to keep in mind that for something to work, you both have put in 50% effort. 

- I attended my first (of many) The 1975 concerts with one of my best friends in the entire world in January. An amazing band that has helped me grow as a person and inspired me to never give up. (Cheesy but true.) 


- My first (proper) job! I've gained skills and learned so much more from the past 2 months about the real world and myself than I did this time last year. 

- I went to Amsterdam! My best friend and I had talked about going ever since we saw The Fault In Our Stars but I never thought we'd actually go in the same year, let alone just a few months after the movies' release! I saw so many beautiful things, from the Anne Frank House to taking a trip along the canals to getting a tattoo to commemorate the trip and further developed a strong bond and friendship with someone I know will be in my life for a very long time. 




- I'm started my final year at uni. I am absolutely scared shitless about what's to come after this year is over (and I haven't got long left!) but I'm excited to see where my degree takes me. 

- I celebrated my 21st birthday in October with some of my closest friends and family - and I got my 13th tattoo. I remember thinking as a kid how I couldn't wait to be 21 and although I would be lying if I said I exceeded my expectations of what life would be like, I wouldn't change a thing about my 21st year on this earth.

The experiences I've gained have shaped my life this year and I know for a fact they'll stay with me and help me grow in the future.

Main things I've learned this past year:
- Don't give a shit what anyone else thinks of you. Go at your own pace and you will achieve what you want to accomplish.
- Live in the moment instead of trying to capture those moments on video and in pictures. Every concert/city I've been to, I've made a conscious effort not to document my adventures as much as I used to, but to instead soak in the atmosphere and enjoy what's right in front of me. Whilst it's great to have those pictures and videos to look back on, you can't recreate how you felt.
- Seize every opportunity you have. Even if you don't enjoy something, at least you've gained experience and the skills you need to get into something you'll love.
- Cherish those around you. 

Don't see 2015 as an upcoming year, but as 365 days worth of memories yet to be made. 

Here's to the next 365 days. Make them count.

_________________________________________________________________

FOLLOW ME >>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read my blog! I love reading your comments! :) - xo Dani.