Thursday 4 September 2014

INSPIRED: KYLIE JENNER!

For the longest time, I have been obsessed with Kylie Jenner's style, hair and of course her makeup. Over the past few weeks, my outfits that I have been styling have been heavily inspired by the youngest Jenner and I think it's safe to say that she is now one of my style icons (alongside Nicole Richie, Khlo-Money, Claire Marshall & Sammi from BeautyCrush - LOVE these girls!)

Anyway, I went into Boots yet again (seriously, someone needs to ban me from that shop!) and went on the hunt for a lip liner and lipstick that would somewhat match Kylie's signature 90s inspired lip that she has been wearing a lot recently! I've heard that she actually wears MAC's lip stick in 'Velvet Teddy' but I find MAC lipsticks to be rather drying on my lips so I sought after a cheaper, more flattering and longer lasting alternative.


Eventually, I found myself in the Rimmel section and found a lip liner and lipstick that I thought were pretty good dupes to the ones Kylie actually wears, but more than half the amount of what I would have paid at MAC! 

 



I usually go for darker lipsticks (i.e. plums and reds) but this combination not only makes my lips appear fuller, it also gives off the 'my lips but better' vibe. I bought my lipliner in the shade '063 Eastend Snob' (I'm not one, I promise) and the lipstick in '08'. Both products are extremely high quality and I'd say were very similar, if not identical to the lipstick Kylie wears. 

I decided against posing like Kylie as I know for a fact I'd just look like a knob.

I personally really like this combination. It's more flattering than I thought it would be! 

Lipliner  (£3.99)
Lipstick (5.49)
Right, it's 2 for £10 on all things Rimmel! 
____________________________________________________________________

FOLLOW ME >>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read my blog! I love reading your comments! :) - xo Dani.